Replica Movie Props

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gearing up for a change in direction

I sold all my droid stuff. ALL OF IT. I am starting over for reasons best left off the blog.

This time around I am going with Dave Everett's styrene droid plans. Tonight I built my router table. It took me maybe 10 minutes. I had this pice of smooth surfaced MDF laying around, so I put it on some saw horses, drilled the center bit hole and the three screw holes (counter sunk) and bought some longer mounting screws to put my Craftsman router under there. I picked up an extra 1/8" router bit, a digital caliper, a nice snap-of blade knife. These tools will be used to cut out all the styrene parts

The styrene for the frame and skins will be here soon, and I am placing an order with Staples to print the cutting templates out. I also have some Weld-on #3 and a needle applicator bottle on it's way to me.

Besides those things, all I really need to begin is some low-tack spray adhesive (or something equivalent) to attach the templates to the styrene sheet for cutting.

Monday, January 25, 2010

I meant it

Really, it's not dead, more news to come soon...